Welcome to MMO couples

Every one who is familiar with MMOG's (massive multiplayer online games), knows the stories of people who are so addicted to playing these games that it costs them their real life friendships and relationships. There are also stories though of people who meet in a MMOG and fall in love, like my boyfriend and I. 'MMO couples' is a tribute to our lovestory, but also an invitation to share your story and experiences with others.

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Counting the Days: the Tale of Ionara and Elimthor

This is the story of a 21 year old woman and a 23 year old man, both living in different states in the USA, who have started a virtual relationship in World of Warcraft and have not met in the real world, but will soon:

“Originally, we met online via AOL, in a chat room. I thought he hated me at first, and apparently he was intimidated by me (which blows my mind!), so we never talked. I had never really said more than "hello" to him, until he asked for some pictures from me and mentioned that he had been a long time World of Warcraft player. The timing was great, because I had just started playing WoW with my brother and sister-in-law. We decided to play together so he could help me understand the game a little better, and it became a daily ritual for us. Thank God, because I'm so very happy with him. We grow closer and closer every day, and even though he's half a country away from me, I know it doesn't get any better. He's more than I could ever wish for.

I think the turning point for us was a random jealous moment of mine while we were playing, that opened both of our eyes. He had been talking to another female player about Anime (he loves it), and I just couldn't stand that he was talking to someone else for some reason... I couldn't figure out why until it dawned on me that I liked him. I really liked him! After that point, we slowly started to get more intimate with each other, kissing and hugging and flirting (virtually, of course), until I couldn't stand to be away from him anymore. We finally got on the subject about our feelings for each other, and started "talking" as it were, until he asked me to be his woman.

I can't tell you how much I enjoy his company and love hearing his voice. He's my lover, my mate, and I can't wait to have him in my arms. Which will be soon! We have decided that it's time for a visit, and he's coming to see me in a month and a half!”


I am looking forward to hear about your real life meeting, so: to be continued!

1 comment:

Elimthor said...

Hi. Elimthor here. Thought I'd fill in a few gaps =). We exchanged photos long before I mentioned WoW. I don't think she was overly impressed because there wasn't much in the way of conversation for a few more weeks leading into our actively talking about her possibly getting into the game. We talked via IM for about a week or two because she kept forgetting about playing lol. Nothing really worth noting there. Just my trying to get to know her better and failing miserably. But things took a turn when we finally started playing (after she accidentally sent me to the wrong realm a few times =P lol). While its true that the turning point in the relationship was her random jealous moment, I realized that I was alot more into her than I thought when a member of my guild on my main mentioned that I hadn't signed on in weeks. My days (and nights in some cases) were filled mostly by playing with her. After the jealous moment I thought, "wow, (no pun intended ;]) maybe I do have a shot!". And the rest, as you say, is history.

I've never had such intense feelings for someone, let alone someone I met online and got to know better via a videogame. Its both scary and exciting at the same time. Giving someone so much power over the condition of your heart is always a frightening experience, especially when the distance is so great. But I wouldn't give her up for all the riches in the world. I didn't believe that there could be a "perfect girl" for me until I met her. To be honest, I don't think I even believed in love anymore. That's all changed now and I look forward to seeing her in 54 days and moving in with her in a year!